Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Memphis High School Students of Tennessee
Implementing new methodologies is always a good option when a company is trying to stay on top of the game and bring more revenues while reducing costs. Meanwhile, students and professionals should try to learn them to have career advantages and open new doors. Out of all the methodologies available, we at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Memphis High School Students of Tennessee highly recommend getting started with LSS and everything it entails.
Unlike what many believe, it isn’t new at all. Still, it sure has been used in new industries for the past five years as individuals and business owners are learning and noticing how beneficial it can be for their processes and even personal growth and projects.
Since its inception in 1980, Lean 6 Sigma has been extensively used to reduce waste and seek continuous improvement, as these are the main principles and goals. However, other principles surrounding the methodology based on where it comes from can be included.
This is why starting with understanding the methodology and actually studying it while getting trained so people are able to implement it, is essential. It isn’t only about reading and trying to follow a structure.
Let’s set—however—this straight: Your main goals and objectives should be waste reduction and elimination of defects and variations. To achieve them, other aspects such as customer satisfaction or solving problems are equally important and need to be learned through LSS.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and this can become even more difficult when it is for a personal project or purpose. Knowing how to combine them to get the desired results is key. Many companies that offer services to plan strategies will not be able to adapt to you and your goals.
At Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Memphis, we offer you all the tools and options so you can learn how to use LSS, implement it yourself, and have a company seek your services while you take advantage of the methodology for your own projects.
How do we help you in specific? By offering all these services and solutions.
- Yellow Belt Training & Green Belt Training.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification for All Our Belts.
- LSS for High Schools, School Boards, and any student.
- LSS for community college.
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting for groups, companies, and individuals (students or professionals).
Which one is the solution you seek? Before you make the decision and reach out, make sure to read what we have for you below.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS is a technology that has been around since the 1980s, and learning about it is crucial to decide whether it benefits you. Most articles do not cover the reasons and processes for creating LSS, and most companies in the industry just focus on selling you their training.
First, Lean Six Sigma isn’t what people think. It is a combination of Lean and Six Sigma methods and was created to rival the Japanese Kaizen method of process improvement and customer satisfaction.
How can you choose which method to use if LSS is derived using two methods? This is a valid question considering that both Six Sigma and Lean are great methodologies to implement individually. However, they are not as comprehensive as LSS.
It is, therefore, important to understand their principles and elements individually to have a closer look at how LSS combines all of them while also setting new standards.
Thus, let’s answer: What are Lean and 6 Sigma?
Lean, which is the first to come, focuses primarily on reducing waste and helping businesses and companies increase production and efficiency. To use this methodology and all its principles, a company must understand its processes and be able to predict the results.
What does Lean mean by “waste” in your production process? Any element, talent, or material that causes delays, lowers efficiency, and increases production costs, is considered waste. This can lead to more variants equal to steps that only make the process longer than needed. If you are focused on one level, you can reduce your steps and get more out of your efforts.
Companies must recognize that there are eight types of waste they must manage. The main four include overproduction, defective transportation, waiting, and unutilized talent. You can identify the same kind of waste in your own processes and steps when working with Lean in a personal aspect.
Moving on to Six Sigma: What does it do when Lean is primarily focused on waste? Let’s focus on one important point: Variations.
Six Sigma provides tools and principles to reduce variation and help businesses obtain the products or services they want and need. Still, it is necessary to identify and address the root causes of problems. This is why there is a special emphasis on problem-solving.
6 Sigma allows companies to eliminate variations by following the DMAIC method (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), which can be implemented in personal projects depending on how you handle the process.
On the other hand, Sigma shares some principles with Lean, but we have to list the common and crucial ones adopted by LSS:
- Focus on the client/customer and work hard.
- Find the problem, and then find a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks and eliminate variations.
- Employee engagement can be increased.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key to success in the company.
LSS and its integration can best be described as a matter where the flow and situation dictate and not trying to make a strategy. You can decide if additional methods, practices, or resources are necessary for implementation.
This will allow you to understand the origins of Lean Six Sigma way better:
- Lean principles and goals should be incorporated.
- Consider the Six Sigma goals, and adapt the tools accordingly.
- Kaizen had an influence on it. LSS is a way of addressing the need for competition.
You will end up with a method that will not only focus on the above but also integrate the most important aspects to improve efficiency and results for all practitioners.
Why Is Lean Six Sigma Needed?
When considering hiring our services, this is the first question most clients ask. It is something we completely understand. To help you understand why this isn’t something you should avoid and why LSS is the best option, we encourage everyone to ask questions and share their doubts with us.
We want to remind you that LSS can be used for any of these parties:
- A company or business.
- A person looking for career advancement and wants to learn a valuable skill.
LSS for companies and businesses is about improving processes and making them more productive, as we’ve already discussed.
LSS might seem like a redundant method when there are other options such as Six Sigma or Lean alone, but LSS has many benefits:
- Lean Six Sigma is a tool that can help you achieve both long- and short-term goals.
- The cost and time required to hire the right people are lower.
- It can be used to solve company problems or address other business needs.
- This helps you create a continuous improvement culture for your future success.
- It is available to all types of companies, regardless of their size.
What about those who wish to train for their own personal use?
Learn the basics of LSS to boost your career. If you are interested in learning it, you can increase your chances of success at work or college.
Although it will be integrated into companies and businesses, experts must be well-trained and have many other skills that can be used in their daily lives and professional careers.
These are the main benefits of getting a better understanding of what you can expect and gain from it as a student or business professional:
- You can earn credits towards graduation (for both high school and college).
- Find better job opportunities.
- Any industry or company can use your expertise.
- Learn how to manage teams and projects.
- Learn how to work under pressure.
- You will gain hands-on experience in quality management.
- Your curriculum will be more attractive.
- This methodology can help you to build a career alone.
LSS: We Can Help You Learn It
There’s a lot to consider around LSS, starting with which belt you will get trained and certified in.
Our team at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Memphis can help you select the right belt or level to train based on your needs and goals. This will allow you to achieve all your goals for your company or those personal and professional objectives without compromising your budget or requirements.
Based on your needs and desires, we can offer LSS training to your employees. Students in high school and college can also benefit from the practice, and we can either train them in groups or individually—if you are a student reaching out to us.
Only one thing is required: that the client chooses a belt level to train in. These are the most important belts we train our clients in. If in doubt, our experts can offer more guidance:
- Yellow belt: This belt focuses on data collection, basic concepts, and principles. You will learn the “basics” and the most important tools to help you perform smaller roles in data analysis, measure projects, and other tasks. However, keep in mind that you will be more than prepared to participate in projects with companies or alone.
- Green belt: Six Sigma tools and Lean Six Sigma principles. How to apply them. Advanced training to be able to work on large-scale projects.
Anybody who has been trained in one of these belts can fill the vacancies or apply for other roles based on the possibilities and opportunities. However, one thing is missing: The LSS Belt certification.
Our company can issue the certification for you. It will be recognized internationally as an official certification.
What are the requirements for being certified as an LSS?
- You must have previously completed the yellow or green belt training (and a yellow belt is needed to go over the green belt training and certification).
- Pass the exam with at least 290 points on 400.
- We will issue certification if you meet the requirements. You can pass the exam to become certified, even if you have not received your training with us, by paying the required feed and passing our exam. It is important to show that you have completed the training and followed the methodology even if it wasn’t with our team.
This Is What You Learn from Our Experts in Lean 6 Sigma
Lean Six Sigma has many benefits that you can use in your own way, not just as part of the overall methodology.
We love to offer Leadership Excellence as one of our main services. It helps professionals and students learn how to lead teams, regardless of their size. They also learn more skills such as collaboration and time management, and all this is based on the methodology itself.
Our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting have helped many companies and individuals improve their products, services, and ideas. This has allowed them to remain competitive in the industry that they work.
These services are available to all people, but LSS is the best as it can bring benefits at any stage in their lives, and that is why we focus on our training and certifications. Contact us to learn more about our services and how our team helps you.